Sunday, December 26, 2010

Holiday Traditions - Past & Present

Do you have any special traditions that you continue each year during the holidays? certain foods you make each Christmas Eve, a game or a movie that you and your family enjoy together on New Years day? I usually have a hard time getting in the holiday spirit each year because I just feel sad being away from home. But I find that once I begin to decorate my home for Christmas the holiday spirit comes to me.

We had so many wonderful Christmas traditions at our home when I was growing up. My mother loved to decorate the entire house. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful Christmas memories. Perhaps that's why I miss home more at Christmas time than any other time of the year.

My mother has a green hanging musical bell. Over the years its gotten quite worn but it still plays its Jingle Bells tune. This is the Christmas decoration at my parents' house that I remember the most.

I am the hostess of the final blog challenge of the year at The Digichick. Keeping in spirit with the holidays I am asking participants to scrap their favorite holiday traditions; one from the past and one from the present. 
papers and elements from Celebrations by ViVa Artistry and Veronica Spriggs
page template from
 Repeat After Me by Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs @ her ScrapMatters shop

I know its a crazy busy time of year and not one that most people want to spend sitting in front of the computer scrapping. But if you are so inspired, I would love to invite you to come and join in the challenge.