Sunday, January 16, 2011

Feeling lucky

I've been lucky lately. The layout - Sweet - that I made for The Color Room challenge #40 was chosen as a feature layout for the newsletter and homepage. I am SO honored because you would not believe the talent there. These ladies are serious scrappers and I am so thrilled to be chosen.

One more awesome thing was that I won the January edition of the Grow With Love - Letters series of templates by Zinnia's and Swallowtails and Crystal Livesay. Their templates are always so fresh and fun, but its their journaling prompts that they encourage you to write that are my favorites. I love to journal when I actually have something to say.

As for the latest releases, here are my pages for the week. This page is a collab between ViVa Artistry and Miki Ferkul called All About Me. I don't know if I've ever mentioned it, but ViVa is one of my all-time favorite designers. So artistic, so beautiful and always so easy to make a gorgeous page with.

All About Me by ViVa Artistry and Miki Ferkul
page template from Fuss Free Just Journal by Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs

The other page I was able to get done this week was with the latest Snowflake Clusters by Busy Bee Designs. Sasha (Ms. Busy Bee herself) is constantly on fire with such fun and playful templates.

Snowflake Clusters part 5 by Busy Bee Designs
One True Thing by Kelley Mikus

This last page was my take on the January "Play it Again" feature on The Daily Digi blog. Each month Katie the Scrapbook Lady sends a few chosen scrappers her photos and journaling along with a few simple guidelines then sees what we each come up with. This month her photos were all about snow. The Digichick Designers just happened to have the perfect new collab kit called Winterberries that I used for this page.


I always enjoy the quiet times after the holiday rush. I like to think of myself as hibernating in these cold winter months. I hope you are all staying warm and healthy.

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please come again.

1 comment:

LOFT said...

Wow, congratulations, Holly! Well deserved honor. :) I'm so glad you have a blog to share your lovely layouts--I always find them inspiring. :)