Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Crackerbox

Have you ever heard of The Crackerbox? When I was growing up my Grandma had some very elaborate hand-made beaded ornaments. After she died I was sad that I didn't think quickly enough to get them before her things were all sold off and thrown away. I don't know if she made hers from this company or not, but here are the ones I've made over the years. They're much too heavy to put on a tree so I hang them in our "bay" window.

Each one takes about 20 to 30 hours to make, so I have to start in September or so. I haven't made a new one in years. But going through their new releases makes me want to buy a new kit or two. Droool....

Here's some holiday eye-candy.



2 comments:

Jacinda said...

Oh. My. Word. Holly these are just amazing. I can see why they took so long to make now. If a craft takes me longer than an hour I give up. What beautiful ornaments these ones are.

Alisa said...

Wow! Those are gorgeous!! A family heirloom!