Friday, June 18, 2010

Eclectic

Have you defined your scrapbooking style? Some scrappers make purely fantasy and scenic pages. Others make only traditional paper-style pages. I'm sure it depends on what supplies you are using as well.

I thought for awhile that I was one of those scrappers that would only mimic paper pages using digital supplies. But there are just so many great designers out there in digiland whose lovely kits I want to use. And its a bit difficult to scrap a traditional-style page using some of the kits with realistic elements. Case in point is this new layout using June's Creative Fusion from Studio Gypsy coming tomorrow. In the Tell Me a Story part of the kit, she has stacks of books and cabbage roses. In the alphabet portion she has shelves and screws. I had a wonderful time with these new items making this page about how my daughter used to line up all her beloved stuffed animals and read to them.

Journaling reads: There was once a beautiful little girl who was a storyteller. Each night before bedtime she would gather up every creature in her magical realm, sit them all down in an intimate little circle and read them a story. The words printed in the book didn't matter for she told the story from her heart. And they were all simply mesmerized.


June Creative Fusion by Studio Gypsy (coming tomorrow)
Easy Breezy Part 5 by Busy Bee Designs (coming tommorow)

Another style I have recently tried my hand at is Art Journaling. You can find my first attempt at an art journal page in next month's Artisan Notebook. And I'm sure I'll be posting it here on my blog in August. Art journaling is certainly a far departure from my usual style. But I thought I would give it another try after seeing Roben-Marie's huge line of incredible designs suited perfectly for art journaling pages. I am a huge fan of CD Muckosky's pages and Roben-Marie's designs remind me a bit of things I could perhaps find on a page by CD. So I gave it a try. Its not nearly as good as a page by CD or any more seasoned art journal scrappers. But it was interesting to make this page -- it really just took on a life of its own once I opened up the elements by Roben-Marie.

Art Mats, Art Bits and Blooms Alpha by Roben-Marie

Have I ever mentioned how blessed I am to be able to CT for such a variety of designers. I get to play with such a diverse range of digital designs -- and in doing so I am able to stretch my creativity to new limits. I still have not made any purely fantasy style layouts, but I will never say never. I'm just now getting into extracted photos so those kind of pages may be on my horizon.

At least for now, I will not define myself - not put a label on my scrapping style any more. I'm having way too much fun being eclectic. That's it for today. I'll leave you with a few more pages I've made this week. And I'll be back soon with a very fun challenge coming to The Digichick blog.


After the Rain by Jennifer Labre Designs


Fresh Summer Mango by JM Designs
Easy Breezy Part 1 by Busy Bee Designs


Easy Breezy Part 5 by Busy Bee Designs (coming tomorrow to MScraps)
Papers and elements from Mojito by Kristen Rice

Thank you so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

marianne said...

I think I'm all over the place :) as always, gorgeous LO's hun! you're such an inspiration xx