Saturday, June 4, 2011

Thank you TIC

Thank you

I need to say a big and belated thank you to the people of the Tama City International Center. A few month ago a friend of mine, Kerry, introduced me to TIC through one of her own students and TIC invited me to come in late May and give a presentation on any topic that my little heart desired. Well, there are only 3 or 4 topics that I think I could talk about for an hour: the first and foremost topic being scrapbooking.

Thank you TIC members all for your gracious and warm welcome to me. I was so very happy to share my love of scrapbooking with you and was thrilled that even the gentlemen in the class seemed genuinely interested. Even I, while preparing for the presentation, learned a lot about the history of scrapbooking. I had a wonderful time sharing it with you.

I was so impressed with the members' level of English. I have to say, that this was the first time I have ever spoken about or taught scrapbooking in English! Up until now I've had to prepare all my thoughts and lessons in my broken Japanese. So this was a welcome change for me.

Thank you TIC for inviting me. I had such a nice time meeting you all!

No comments: